• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m818 with winch $3000

kx250m1

Anyways, I am looking for opinions, I found a m818 w/winch for 3000, but the owner says that it needs a new throwout bearing for the clutch, I was wondering how much work it is to put a new throwout bearing in, I think the price is right but let me know what you think.
also truck is in fair condition, not great, not junk. "average"

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i think its a good price i am thinking that he has it titled so no hassle that you get without papers? and yes we need some pics to make up your mind.... TIm

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the throwout bearing is bad, then you can probably count on the pressure plate fingers being worn too. May as well have that rebuilt while you got it apart. Costs about $550 to rebuild the whole setup, clutch disc, plate and new bearing.

MilitaryRestoration

if he doesn't take 2500 its still well worth it. You cant even get them from gl for around that price with tax and gl percentage... plus it looks like its had some things done to it and has a winch (gold in itself) wish I was closer i would've bought it off ebay the many times i saw it on there...

as for the tach-o-graph they used them in germany and one other country (slipping my head right now) as far as I know and because they record what the road speeds are etc. they didn't want the guys speeding is what it came down to and they are some what exact to the older civilian versions so that truckers could not lie on their log books

FreightTrain

Banned
4 hour repair job if you plan and have the right tools and help.Drive shaft,Shifter,Clutch linkage,floor pan center,Bell housing bolts,drop.Pull pressure plate,Chunk,Replace Pressure plate and clutch,Remove throwout bearing from tranny and chunk,replace with new one,Reverse.I have done it in a deuce.The throwout bearing goes out you loose everything.The bearing locks up,burns the fingers off the PP causing the clutch to slip when it should be dis-engaged burning up the friction pads and if your really REALLY have crappy luck screwing up your flywheel(Which I didn't do thank God!)

wsucougarx

Ok please tell me you did the right thing and.....bought the truck:-D Don't give yourself a fish story for the future. You will seriously regret it. You'll keep coming back to this forum and say to yourself "why didn't I listen to those who knew":wink:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes i would buy now and get it home you will be thinking later man only 500.00 more and i could have had a V8 no a truck with a winch

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks