• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M819 in tow

M1075

Saturday was a fun day. After some serious horse trading, I brought a M819 home. It seems to be in decent shape with only a few repairs necessary. A 5 tonner with chrome hubcaps and lugnut covers, yikes! I towed it to be on the safe side. The M816 was a bit sluggish with the M819 in tow, but I think the combined weight was nearly 70,000#.

Attachments

Bidslinger

Nice family you have there. Those white trucks look like a couple that use to run around here and clean powerline right of ways.

citizensoldier

Very nice 1075! Thats not a bad truck at all! I like those 11.00/20 Michelins your running.. Well it looks like you did good. Very impresive fleet you have if I am ever in Oklahoma I know who to call for help..

M1075

The tires on the M819 are 1200s. NDCCs in the rear and two different radial treads in the front. If I could all the trucks painted the same color, it would look a lot better!

CZ- You got an open invitation, come on down and pickup your towbar. A couple of SS members have stopped by, and I enjoyed tooling around in the trucks with them.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i need your good 1200s, thay are HARD to get other then NEW, thats why im going to put 1400Rs singles on
wow a nice clean 819, great job, everybody needs a wrecker or two(if you have a wrecker and it breaks down, you need the second to bring it home)at least thats what you tell the wife when you buy the second

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a really cool collection of rigs you got there! Most of us would only dream of owning a set that big. What's that HUGE red box on the back of the left-most truck?

M1075

I don't have the military lightbar used for towing, so I just use a couple of led's on magnets. They will either flash or remain on. I picked these up at a farm show last year and they are very handy. Most of the time, I'm using them on trailers. They are quick and easy.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the combined combat ready weight according to the -10 is 72100#

M1075

Re: RE: M819 in tow

maddawg308 said:
That's a really cool collection of rigs you got there! Most of us would only dream of owning a set that big. What's that HUGE red box on the back of the left-most truck?
Thats too funny! The box holds feed for cattle feed and is not on the truck. It is freestanding and is driven under to load feed into pickups.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: M819 in tow

M1075 said:
Thats too funny! The box holds feed for cattle feed and is not on the truck. It is freestanding and is driven under to load feed into pickups.
Oh, okay. The picture looks confusing. If there weren't other trucks in front of the rear-most truck, it would probably be self explanatory. Thanks for clearing that up...

m139h2otruck

If this is the same truck you described in a previous post as owned by your neighbor, you did great, from the pictures I can see. If he was going to part this truck out, we are in the wrong part of the country, as this truck would command top dollar up here in rust and salt land!

M1075

Yep, the same one. I couldn't stand to see it dismantled. I tried to get some interest here on the board, but I knew I had to act fast. If it would command top dollar, I could make the necessary repairs and maybe sell it.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
James that is one mean looking group of trucks. loved it come and play with your toys. and the snow, you should make a snow man and ship it to me LOL tim

M1075

Yep. Within the week, that crane assembly and fifth wheel was coming off as scrap. The truck was to be kept and used.

redass73

nice fleet... gives us all something to strive for...you gotta wear the pants in your house.i would never get by with all those trucks around my place. luckey man.