• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M820 Conversion Question

wolf41

I have an M820 that I am thinking of turning into a crew cab with drop side bed. It is a really clean truck but I have no use for the command center. Would there be any interest in the command center and all parts that go with it, or would I be better off trading it for a different truck to modify? Thanks

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The 820 has a longer wheel base then a 813, the 820 has a double frame, the 813 does not, the 820 frame would work better for the purposed build

paulrance

Banned
Yes this is true. I been looking for a 820 frame for a while just haven't got the nerve to cut my 813 frame to stretch it. 813 could almost work crew cabbed but need to have a deuce cargo to fit frame better then stock bed. Thought i toss it out see if had interest.

wolf41

With the 820 frame would a duece bed fit after adding a crew cab? How long is a duece bed? I am thinking of adding 10-12" between the doors when I add the crew cab.

Csm Davis

How big a bed does the OP want? If I was going to go cargo I would stay with the shorter 813 or 923, the longer 814, 820 ,927 is just to long for my liking but just my two bits.

wolf41

12' bed would be long enough. Does anyone know how much room would be between bed and cab with a 12' bed?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The frame rails for a m820 is 44" LONGER then m813 rails, so a extended cab or crew cab and a 12' deuce bed should be about a PERFECT fit,

jdknech

a 5 ton crewcab with a full bed and with 6X6?!?!?! this is like a wet dream come true!!! we want pics, and a did i say pics?? i say go for it!:shock::shock:

and i would use the m920, it would be the perfect lingth.. plus the frame is much stronger.. to bad you so far away, i would be interested in the box...

Cycletek

Wolf, You could swap for the M813 and slide the bed back far enough for you to extend your cab. You can then cut off as much of the bed you need to, to even it up with the end of the frame and then re-weld the tailgate back on. The frame of the M813 is more than strong enough for it's length.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks