• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M820 From Redstone AL to New Mexico.

Sirblissfull

I have checked with several transport companies and none of them have a trailer able to carry this vehicle due to the height 11.5 and length 30.5.

Anyone out there able to haul this load or had one hauled that can recommend a shipper?

Would like to have something lined up before the end of the month.

fasttruck

Think about removing the exhaust pipe above the muffler which is held on with a clamp and that should reduce the height of the load 2 feet which may m ake it easier to haul.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should go on a RGN trailer no prob. Truckingdeals.com. But be ready for $3.00/mile + for special equipment.

davidkroberts

ditto on the roadtrip. thats allot of truck to be throwing on a trailer. The previous poster was right somewhere around 3.00 a mile would be a good guess.

Sirblissfull

Looks like I found a hauler that can work the transport for me.

GoldnEagle I will be down end of November 1st of December to drive that truck back since I know it works. The GL one I want to really go over it with a fine tooth comb before trusting it on a 1300 mile drive.

One issue could set me back the entire cost of shipping for towing and repairs to get it back on the road. Besides the wife has decided I am not allowed to leave her alone for weeks at a time with the kids.

Not to mention the Docs are making noises about more surgery on my leg.