• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M85 Laundry Unit pickup

number9

So I won one of these today. Always thought one with all the stuff off would make a neat flatbed trailer - to use behind a wrecker if I ever get one. Also been looking at MEP-003A's and bid on a few but lost. When I found out the M85 has an MEP-003A on it I decided to see if I could get one at a reasonable price - and did. I just hope the genset is a runner.

Anyways, the trailer is about 300 miles from home. I am thinking about driving the Deuce up to tow the trailer home. Can anyone give some insight on this? I could have it hauled home on a drop deck, but then I'd have to pay one of the drivers for the load. The Duece would burn less fuel than what that would cost me.

Last edited:

Nonotagain

Anyways, the trailer is about 300 miles from home. I am thinking about driving the Deuce up to tow the trailer home. Can anyone give some insight on this? I could have it hauled home on a drop deck, but then I'd have to pay one of the drivers for the load. The Duece would burn less fuel than what that would cost me.......
Items to watch for:

GL is known for lifting things with a fork truck. The parking brake cables on the trailer sit on one of the lowest portions of the trailer frame and usually get smashed. Bring bolt cutters if you can't get the parking brakes to release.

Don't plan on breaking any speed records, as a fully outfitted trailer weighs close to 12,000 lbs.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
OH HOW UNHAPPY YOU WILL BE! I sincerely hope it wasn't one of the northern Ohio ones. I would have bid too, but was informed the genset was removed. If it went cheap enough, you might be able to sell or scrap the laundry stuff and get some money back.

number9

OH HOW UNHAPPY YOU WILL BE! I sincerely hope it wasn't one of the northern Ohio ones. I would have bid too, but was informed the genset was removed. If it went cheap enough, you might be able to sell or scrap the laundry stuff and get some money back.
Well that sucks because it was. aua

I got it for less than I seen some plain flatbeds go for last week or two, so I don't think I got burned, but will sure be bummed that the genset aint there. Dirtbags.

wascomatw74

let everyone know how the trip goes. best of luck on the haul. would like to see one even if the gens gone. let me know what equipment is on trailer, might be interested.

mckeeranger

Let me know when(if) you go. Might be available for co-pilot.
If GR doesn't go, I would like to go along. I'd like to see the pickup, load-out procedure in person. If you don't mind.

Ours where screened from the DMRO at Blue Grass, in Madison County, and from the KSP in Frankfort. I've never been on a GL lot, other than seeing the trucks lined up at the NG in Frankfort.

300 miles, is that Wright Pat?