• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m871 deck height?

midcounty

Have searched the best I can and can't find what the height is to the top of the deck on a M871 trailer. I am looking at buying one of these trailers and a M818. I am wondering if I will be able to transport a Deuce with it.
Thanks

Autocar

Keep in mind that a stock M818 will really struggle to run the speed limit if it is loaded. Can't beat the "look" though! M915A1 much more practical, but oh so blah looking.

Attachments

Last edited:

Alredneck

Banned
13'6" is the maximum without permits!

Better know your routes well to, some small towns have really low lines and railroad tunnels. Ask how I know!:shock:

13'6" is the maximum without permits!

Better know your routes well to, some small towns have really low lines and railroad tunnels. Ask how I know!:shock:

Yeah, I know all abount the 13'6" maximum. The street to my place has alot of trees and if you are anything over 12' you better be carefull! On another note a friend of mine had his M920 Tractor transported from Calif. to New Mexico on a RGN lowboy. He gave instructions to remove to top of the exhuast
stack. When the truck arrived the driver had desided not to remove the top of the stack (take to much time), well fortunately he made it without damaging the M920. But overall height was right at 15'. Even if you know your route there can always be a low tree branch, road sign or who knows waiting to surprise you.

midcounty

My antena on the M1009 I use every day reaches to about 12 ft, and you would be suprised how often I hear it bounce off tree limbs and other things in towns.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks