• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M871 Flatbed Semi Trailer Ft.Sill to New Mexico

Is any one in the area of Ft Sill, Oklahoma that could asist in picking up an M871 Flatbed Semi Trailer there, and transporting it to New Mexico (the state
line would be fine)? I dont have my Sf-97 back to title and license my M915A1
Tractor. I do have another truck I can pick the trailer up with at the state line
if I can find someone who can help me out. EUC has cleared and its ready for pick-up. Trailer has both 12 and 24 volt light systems. If anyone can help please PM me and we can discuss in more detail. Thank You!

Westech

CPL
I just saying maybe you should have thought about the pick up BEFORE you bid..... I have been known to bid before figuring out all the details first but on small things that fit in the back of a pick up truck. I canned about 20 posts of mine a couple weeks ago asking for help and picks ups weeks before a auction.
Planing is key....

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I planned ahead too, when I bought a MEP-003A/M116A2 trailer, but it still turned out to be a long drive. A different type of trailer too. I pulled it as soon as the EUC cleared - once home, I got the cleared tags & title. It was pulled under the radar screen. That is something different with the semi trailer. DOT looks at those as a revenue source and they can be subject to roadside inspections. A commercial trucker is subject to that stuff and needs to have State permits in each State they pass through. It could be decked (since its a Flat), and hauled. That is what I'm getting at. You might find that the way to go, is pay to have it hauled. Trip permits in each State transected, can add up. Otherwise, do the trip permit thing yourself, and go get ti. If its roadable and will pass a Roadside safety inspection. Some States (you have to ask their DOT), have a temporary, one time, trip permit, to haul a commercial sized vehicle out of the State, that is reasnoably priced. As a trucker, I wouldn't want to pull it, unless that I knew it would pass Safety, because of the liability issues. A commercial trucker won't want to pull a faulty trailer, assuming the liability, just so you can save money on the recovery. Hauling it, might be the way to go - the safe way.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get on Google and find a local cartage company and have them move it to a low-dollar u-store it place until you can go get it yourself?

I just saying maybe you should have thought about the pick up BEFORE you bid..... I have been known to bid before figuring out all the details first but on small things that fit in the back of a pick up truck. I canned about 20 posts of mine a couple weeks ago asking for help and picks ups weeks before a auction.
Planing is key....
Just for your information Sir, I had thought about the pick up before I bid on it. I also had expectations of having my tractor licensed by the time I would have to pick it up. Unfortunatly its not a perfect world and things do not always work out as we'd like. I was planning on picking up the trailer and being 100% legal, I could try just going and picking up the trailer under the radar. However I don't have a bag of money to pay any fines that could be aquired by doing so! Also I do not want to bring any UNWANTED attentsion
to our "Hobby". I am just looking for a cost affective way to aquire the trailer, since what I had planned did not work out.

StreetbikeDepot

I can pick it up and store it for you. I'll be at Ft Sill on Wed. grabbing another trailer. I can look it over and make sure its roadworthy. I have space to store it until you can make arrangements to pick it up. PM me and we can work out the details.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks