• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M871 trailer USA number question??

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am trying to figure out what the USA Registration number is on my newly aquired M871 flatbed. I am used to seeing 5 or 6 digit numbers like NG1234. I used the number on the main data plate as the VIN, it is NXOECC3009. Was this really the USA number? I want to use the correct USA number as my license plate "stencil" number as is allowed by my state. Where else would the number be on the trailer? There are no stenciled numbers presently.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Dig me up the nsn for the trailer and post this info to the vin info thread and we should be able to find it. With trailers it's about a 60% chance it's there. btw USA (aka registration numbers) do not have O as in oscar, they have 0 and in zero just like they don't have I as in india but 1 as in one.

Reactions: NDT

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup. The vin is actually 3009. But on the data plate from when the trailer was overhauled, the depot had stamped NXOECC3009, which is the registration number combined with the vin. Since it was already stamped this way, that is what I put on the request for SF97. I think in this case the vin is simply the serial number, or the 3009th trailer they built on this contract. I could not find this number stamped into the trailer frame anywhere. Carnac was able to clarify that the NCOECC part of the stamping was the registration number. hope this helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks