• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M871a2 pulled with civilian semi?

fasttruck

I have one here that has 12 volt lights with a 24v plug & resistors to knock it down. Brakes and fifty wheel pin are same as commercial. I
do not klnow if all of them are 12-24v compatible as there are differences depending on what contract it is. Some have container pin locks
built into the floor and some don't. Same same lifting points etc. Trailer is 28' long and has s cam straight air brakes with anchorlock 30-30
chambers.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, most of semi trailers have the 12v/24v lighting. Inside my M871 all the lights are 12v with a resistor step down on the 24v plug.

Scottgeneral

image.jpg
This is the trailer I purchased. I am asking these questions because I need to have it transported. I wasn't sure if it could be pulled by a civilian semi or transported on a trailer.

thanks for the input

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you look close at the photos of your trailer, you'll see the blue "service" glad hand is broken off (a lot of these trailers have one broken off due to lazy drivers), meaning the trailer will have no brakes. It can be towed, but not safely until the glad hand is repaired.

Otherwise, it does have both the civilian and military light plug sockets and can be towed by either tractor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks