• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M872 34 ton flatbed trailer

M1075

I am looking into getting one of the M872 trailers. Does anyone have one? They are basically a 40 foot, 34 ton flatbed trailer with triple axles. Very stout, but what else would you expect from the military? There have been several sold on GL recently and I can't remember what they have been selling for. Does anyone know what they sell for?

TacticalTruck

I've got a line on a couple up here but I haven't been able to get a price out of the guy. I want to say they were bringing $2500 on GL. I want one for my M915.
Jeff

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look for some M871 and M872 trailers coimg out of Mechanicsburg or Chambersburg in the not too distant future.. A local NG unit turned in about 40 of them a while ago.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I moved thousands of tons of cargo with them over the years and they are great trailers. The Army did an MWO on all of them in the early 80's to strengthen the frame near the kingpin. They are heavy trailers but I have moved two 155mm Cannons on them as well as two M113's we used to haul for all of DOD when I was a lietenant in the 104th Trans Company. For years we were the highest milage truck company in the Army even beating out the ones in Europe during the cold war. There is nothing like three serials of 20 M915/M872 each rolling down an Interstate.

The sideboards are much easier to use than the ones on my M127 and they fit in the belly boxes. The body has multiple tiedown sites and pop up container locks are at each corner for a 40 foot box and removeable containerlocks can be installed in special slots in the center if hauling two 20 foot boxes.

When we went to the field we loaded our dueces and the M 816 wrecker up on trailers and used holmes devices for highway wrecker support. Just make sure you take the stabilizer mounts off the top of the boom if you move the wrecker cause a 13-6 will take them off. I know from experience ouch

M1075

David-

Are the sideboards wood or aluminum? Do you know if those removable container locks are a commercially available item or something specific to this trailer? How the heck did you get the M816 on/off the trailer?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
The sideboards are treated plywood with aluminum center posts and a top rail which is about 6 inches high and has hand holes on each side. There are bows made of steel that fit into the center posts on each sideboard for a tarped load. The removeable containerlocks are BII for the trailer so you might find them with the trailer or you may have to search for them. We had a loading dock on the post at DOL and we drove them up there on it. At the training area we sometimes had to watch on the way in for a commercial dock at a warehouse or moving company and then we would use it and drive the wrecker in from there.

Once we had to go from Fort Devens to Fort Lee Virginia our sister company a supply unit had to go too. We offered to load their dueces and let thier guys ride in the troop bus but there commander was pig headed. They left at 0500 with no breakfast and tired guys wheeling the dueces down the Interstate. We left at 0800 after breakfast and coffee.

We passed them on I 84 in Connecticut and were in the barracks at Fort Lee for hours before they got in.

When the mission finished all the supply guys begged to ride the bus. We loaded all thier dueces on our trucks except for one that they were using to clear. I told them I would load that one too but we would not miss our SP. 5 minutes prior to SP I was lining up the convoys and their Lieutenant said arent you gonna wait for our truck? It finally showed up as the last serial was about to pull out and we gave them mercy and quickly loaded and secured it. If I can get a 915 and 872 I would be in 7th heaven.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeff at Tactical Truck has an M915 that he wants to sell. I can't remember the price, but I remember it being very reasonable.

M1075

There have been several M872s coming out of Fort Riley. They are usually stripped of all accessories. Has anyone ever seen any with side boards like these?

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks