• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m872 king pin??

reb87

I will be attempting a recovery of my 872 (I dont know if it a1,a2,etc see post below)trailer with my 818 truck soon. I cant seem to find a tm operator manual for it and would like to know what I need to do with kingpin to make it work on the 818 if it is set for the m915. I havent seen any of these trailers but read somewhere that it would work in a reduced capacity with the m818 truck.
Thanks, Ross

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
They have a standard commercial king pin and any tractor with a standard fifth wheel will hook up fine. It is a very heavy trailer and the M818 will be pulling hard to move it empty. Looks like you got all the sideboards and the tarp bows too what a great deal. I was going to make a set of high sideboards for a couple of our trailers to use as work/sleep trailers and elliminate the need to set up GP Mediums for our truck company. I have already extended the sideboards on my M127 and it is a walk in hardtop tarp covered storeroom till I get back from Korea.

Make sure and take pics for us to drool over.