• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M872--Will it hook up to civy tractor lights?

DeuceIsLoose

Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking about picking up a M872--the big ass flatbed trailer with three axles. Anybody have any idea if the military harness for the lights will work with a civilian semi tractor? I think I'm good on the air...

Anything else I need to worry about?

Thanks a lot.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the trailer has the standard round 12 V lighting connector as well as the 24 V military connector.

Last edited:

jatonka

I loaded an M872 on an M872 and hooked up to my Civy FLD120 Freightliner and drew them 250 miles, no troubles. M872s have both military and Civy trailer light connectors and 12 and 24 volt lights. My Freightliner doesn't have a high 5th wheel as it used to draw 13'6" van trailers. JT

DeuceIsLoose

Thanks guys--I really appreciate it. I assume it won't be any problem behind a M818 or M931? That's what I'm planning on running it behind. I just have a feeling I'm going to end of with the trailer before the truck and will have to pick it up with my buddy's civy rig.

Thanks again and have a good night.

NEIOWA

Thanks guys--I really appreciate it. I assume it won't be any problem behind a M818 or M931? That's what I'm planning on running it behind. I just have a feeling I'm going to end of with the trailer before the truck and will have to pick it up with my buddy's civy rig.

Thanks again and have a good night.

There are certainly a pile of M931 at auction in MS (sealed bid). Not going to find a better chance close to you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks