• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 body on newer Dodge truck frame

b17goinmyway

Hello, I am sure this has probably already been done at some point but I have always thought about taking one of my M880's and placing the complete body onto a later model Dodge truck mainly from the 1980 to 93 model 3/4 to 1ton 4x4's, before Dodge changed over to the newer body style (I think this was in 94/95). I am looking more for a fairly simple bolt on operation with out a lot of modifcation. Will the body mount up to the 4x4 Dodge trucks of the 80's early 90's frame. I just thought it would be neat to have an M880 in looks but sitting on a more modern 4x4 running gear. PS, Dana 60's front/rear, lockout hubs, 360 V8. ect. I suppose one could by a parts truck and swap everything onto the M880 frame but I thought it might be easier to just swap the body over. thanks Dan:-D

N1265

When I was asking about plow mounts a while back I was told that the Dodge frames from 1973 ? to 1991 ? were the same, But I can not confirm it.....

derek840378

The same basic design for the trucks was used from '73 to '93 as far as the body is concerned. Now, as far as the frame and any body mounts, I'm not too sure but don't see a reason they should differ.

tm america

why not get one with a deisel to .if you get one with a 618 trans you will have od to .that would be really cool and you would have one of the only m880s with a 6bt:roll:

98hd

They should be pretty much the same frame. As far as suspension goes you really aren't getting anything more modern at all. The only reason to swap frames would be to replace a bad one, or if you found a good frame w/ the drivetrain you wanted already installed.

The dodge body from 82-93 only differed in that the exterior panels were modified a little, as in shape and style.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks