• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 cooling system (radiator)

Weezer4117

I decided to get the old M880 ready for winter, check all fluids, hook up the western snow plow, and change the oil. Wouldnt ya know, coolant squirting out of the front of the radiator!! Just what I need, winter is rite around the corner. Anybody know a good place to obtain a OEM radiator for these trucks? I have done a quick search but couldnt really find any. Im sure the on thats in it now is from the factory so its made it this long.....

abh3

When my M880's rad went bad I replaced it with a similar year Dodge pickup part from a chain store, just called around and found the best price. I think I bought one with extra cooling capacity, maybe for a 440 or 'towing', with an extra row of flues...

I'd avoid 'OEM' unless originality is your prime directive, 'OEM' will be 30 years old by now and may have corrosion from storage, critter stuff blocking flues, etc.!

Last edited:

jamieboy

That was the first thing I had to replace on my m-893. Went to my local parts house and just got one for a 1977 d-200. But as everything seems to go, i got the wrong one. Took it back and I had the right one the next day. As Bob said above, I think you have to ask for that particular one, in order to get the proper fit. Good luck with yours.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks