• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m880 fuel pump

mmwb

Guess that is Major Tom. I mistook your "rank" by seniority for user name. In any case, I did as advised and the new pump did the trick. Thing started right up and purred like a kitten. A wee bit of tappet noise, but it has been sitting for some time... It never occurred to me that the pump tested on the bench wouldn't work on the block. Thanks for the help. Now I'll get to work checking the lines back to the tank and the tank itself, before running to the gas station...

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
:beer:

Now let's see some pics!

malticefalcon

bad fuel pump

This is wierd because I just had exactly the same problem and followed your exact steps to troubleshoot my problem. I should have done more internet searching instead of wrenching because I tore the whole front off my 360 to check the eccentric and it is fine.

I was perplexed because it shot gas across my garage when I hand tested it but nothing in the car.

I hope a new fuel pump fixes it, I am off to the store now and will post my results.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks