• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 grill, what's a fair price?

chriskonen

Looking for some feedback about the value of a grill. Of course everything is worth what someone else will pay for it, but I'm just wondering what you guys think. I have the original front grill from my '77 M880 the one from my Avatar. Don't have pics at the moment, but it's painted green, two holes as per usual for connecting lights or a plow or what have you.

I don't need it as a I have a replacement so I figure I'll sell it to get other parts. Roughly what should I charge or expect to get. I've seen guys selling them all over the price map, from $300 to $1500 for NOS (supposedly). If someone on the forum is really interested for some reason I'll post pics if you are interested otherwise it'll get Ebayed this week :lol:

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen high asking prices also.
Selling prices, well................

A used M880 grill is worth what a cheapskate M880 owner will pay for it.
I got $20 for one a couple years ago.

chriskonen

LOL for $20 I'd turn it into an industrial cheese grater or just throw it in the trash. You suppose it'd be worth more if I stripped the paint or resprayed it a different color? Just wondering. If I got in excess of $100 I'd be happy then I could get some body panels or something I need for the resto. Thanks for the reply Bob. I'm sure I'll end up needing something from you for my project since you have all the cool parts I need haha.

TexAndy

I've seen high asking prices also.
Selling prices, well................

A used M880 grill is worth what a cheapskate M880 owner will pay for it.
I got $20 for one a couple years ago.
Not to be flip, but yeah, that's exactly what something is worth. Whatever someone else will pay for it.

List it up for whatever you think you can get out of it. You can always lower your price if it doesn't sell.

nattieleather

You don't mention condition. Is it like new straight no dings looks like NOS even though it isn't? Or is it typical 35 year old truck grill that is dinged and bent and twisted? If it like new then yeah I could possible see getting 50-100 for it. If it looks like it came off an old truck well maybe the cheese grater idea isn't so bad...:) A good stripping and repaint will do wonders. As much as I hate to say it let eBay be your guide.

Elwenil

Unless it's an NOS civilian grille, I wouldn't expect any real money for it. With it being an unfinished, painted and modified military grille, it's next to worthless to anyone not working with an M880 series with the BO lamp kit. In good condition you might get $50 for it on a good day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks