• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m880 power steering

44CCKW

I want to install power steering on my 77 M880.I have two parts trucks avaliable. One is a early 80,s the other is a bit later (87).Will the 80,s parts bolt right in or do I have to modify things?Would it just be easier to find a 70,s truck?

Elwenil

Yes, '80s stuff will fit but you will also need the steering box, pitman arm and drag link since you will be swapping from the older swing arm steering to the newer style box. If you get everything off one truck you will be fine but early in the '80s they swapped to a different fitting design for the pressure lines so you have to make sure everything matches up if you are putting together a setup from various trucks. If it doesn't match up, you could end up having to get a custom pressure line made with different ends rather than just going to a parts store and picking up a line.