• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 with HMMWV Rims?

DicedDeuceMan

Hmmwv rims are the same bolt pattern, but Inset additional 2 inches , so on normal 8 lug front ends, dana 44 or 60, they will hit the tie rod ends on both sides. U will have to use 2" spacers and long lugs... or just get some knuckle head with a lathe to build you centers and weld them in 2 inches deeper, and they dont look as nice.. trap alot of mud.... did that...

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You can buy 2" thick steel spacers, no need for long studs as the spacers have studs in them.
about $100 ea x 4 is why there is not humvee rims on my truck yet.
So back to the original question, has anybody mounted HMMWV wheels on a M880 series truck yet and got pictures?
Bob where can these 2" spacers be found, purchased? Thanks in advance, Jim

Last edited:

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't seen the steel ones in a while ( pc failure several months ago, lost all links)
Over in the CUCV forums someone just bought some aluminum ones to do this to a m1008.
They should be the same.

When I get around to doing this, I will have some machined up out of steel, the design is quite simple. I just don't trust the Aluminum to hold up for long, despite the fact that many people are using it.

citizensoldier

You will have to change the M880 studs from 1/2 inch to 9/16 and I recommend going a little longer than stock M880 studs. The lug nut bevel on the M880 rims are different than a Chevy also. I am running some chevy rims on a M887 and purchased some 1/2 chevy lug nuts so they seat in the rim a little better.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Hey thanks for the help, found the adapters with 9/16 studs online at egay, AL $130 and FE $235 with shipping for 2. Anybody know of a cheaper set?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yep, thanks again, found them $99 a set with shipping. Also finally found a picture of an M880 (sort of) with HMMWV rims and tires.

Attachments

dc3coyote

I like the look of that truck, but I think he may be a little too proud of it, at least for my taste.
Actually thats a very nice looking rig

citizensoldier

A M101 bed should fit just right.. At least my measuring said so but you will have to make some mounting brackets to line up with the M880 holes and configure a fuel cap location. I am planning on doing this with one M887 I have so I have a wood hauling beater truck. I will set the box just outside my shop and have a welding station outside.
A friend and I are headed down the road of diesel powering some M887's gathering parts in a pile as we type.. :):driver:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Paid for one set of spacers on Ebay Monday and they came in Fridays mail. So first thing this morning got tools and tires together and started before it gets in the 90's. Since nobody really knew if they would really fit without a lift kit, I only got one set. My M885 really needed new skins bad, lots of tread but Grand canyon weather cracks on the side walls. Everything went smooth used my harbor freight air over hyd jack that I had gotten for my M818, best money every spent. Lubed left front hub and suspension since I had the wheels off. The spacers are well made and well worth the money paid. Getting one set didn't work as the inside of the rear tires rub on the frame, but ordered a second set today. So will have to wait to see how they work.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks