• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M882 stalls when put in gear

44CCKW

I,m working on a M882.The truck runs and idles fine,But when I put it in drive and step on the gas pedal it will stall.Any ideas?? I,m thinking vacumn advance on the distributor maybe.

Last edited:

44CCKW

Bob,Sorry I forgot to mention. The carb is brand new out of the box.The truck will drive fine,It is just hard to get it from a stand still to driving.I have to rev the engine and kind of neutral drop it to go.There is no putting it in gear and stepping on the gas.That is when it stalls.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I still suspect accelerator pump, Pull the air filter housing, with the choke open look down in the carb and slightly/slowly moved the throttle, it should be squirting two streams, even under slight movement.

44CCKW

OK,I got it figured out.I took the top cover off the carb.Under the cover you can see the accelerator pump and the two thin needle valves that go up when you accelerate.You can make fine adjustments in here with two small screws.I played around with these adjustment screws until I was satisfied with the acceleration.Now it runs great.

44CCKW

Well,I thought I had it.It ran fine for a while.But now its back.Stalls when I step on the gas.But it does run better when it is warmed up.I have 4 of these trucks and I've got to say they all have the Dodge "dead spot" when accelerating.This truck is by far the worst.It will idle just fine,But when I step on the gas it will stall and will not start again unless I give it a shot of either.It's got me stumped.

Amer-team

How are your fuel lines? There are a couple of small ones, maybe a couple of inches on top of the tank, that if they have deteriorated, that will give you a problem. They are a bugger to get to and you may need a mirror and a good light to get to them. That solved the issue for me. And I too have the Dodge flat spot. M886

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks