• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M882 stuck on New York docks.

RichM882

Well, I am helpless. I cannot communicate with anyone directly on the dock and whatever I do will only cost me more money. So far I envisage that it will be an extra $1000 it will cost me. I need to find someone in the Southampton area who can bring her out of the docks and store her so I can pick her up on a weekend. I was thinking of buying a Diamond T 969 from Norway but this has scared me off a little.I have been shipping vehicles out of Japan for 20 years and never had a problem....

RichM882

Hi Dan. There were no additional charges incurred. went 'missing' for 6 weeks and mysteriously just turned up in Liverpool docks. She is pretty good really for a 40 year old but there is more rust than I was led to believe. The wipers didn't work, parking brake seized no horn no washers tailgate latch unserviceable. Of the rust the worst is the doors and the cab floor. But I do love her and the motor is very strong, the transmission smooth and no axle noise. I just need some power steering !!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Meanwhile, somewhere on a Triumph TR6 forum....

AZK9

Well she turned up in Liverpool. The vehicle that would not engage gear turned out to be a 1975 Triumph TR6. Somehow they mixed them up.....
Well they do look very similar...:shock:
one75car-oneMV-twins.jpg :doh:

Yup... such a mistake is easily understandable. :confused:

They do look a lot alike! Most people would probably say they're identical! :cookoo:

Bottom line is... it looks like this crazy situation will have a happy ending after all! [thumbzup]

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well she turned up in Liverpool. The vehicle that would not engage gear turned out to be a 1975 Triumph TR6. Somehow they mixed them up.....
Ha! A bit early for April Fools, I guess you needed to be tested for stomach bile production.

The rust is normal, perhaps that was why no one mentioned it......

Cheers,
Rick

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ha! A bit early for April Fools, I guess you needed to be tested for stomach bile production.

The rust is normal, perhaps that was why no one mentioned it......
Since I don't know the seller I can't speak to his honesty but I would hope anyone would disclose any rust in something they're selling sight unseen, especially to someone overseas that's going to the expense of shipping it. I purchased our M37 off eBay and the seller was out and out fraudulent in regards to the rust on it. I wound up having to replace about 75% of the body because of his lies and misrepresentation. Turns out he was using his brother's account because he had been kicked off for his past transgressions. Can someone not notice something? Sure but there's a big difference in missing something and trying to hide something. Bottom line is not everyone knows all the issues with a specific vehicle and if you're an honest person you disclose everything you know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks