• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M885 Hidden grease nipple and light question

brow7392

I recently acquired a M885, i got it to resell but it's growing on me a little. Might keep this truck around a while. I was giving everything a good greasing and pulled the from wheels off to locate the hidden nipple access but i can't find one. Is there possible a different setup I don't know about yet? I looks like the standard full time four wheel drive setup. Also, when i try to kick on the brights both the headlights turn off. Is this something the military did or just a bad switch or 2 bad high beam lights? Thanks in advance.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the hub between the wheel studs you will see a 3/4 hole, look thru there and spin the rotor until you see the zerk pointing at you, I think it is 3:00 position.

Sounds like both headlamps have high filiment burned.

You will find the 880s are reliable, high speed, simple, and very capable trucks. With awesome traction given the open differentials.

N1265

Those dimmer switches get a lot of moisture down there and commonly go bad, some times you can get away with pulling them out and hosing them down with contact cleaner or WD-40. this problem should not be the result of any ( authorised ) modification the military did.

The grease zerk sits behind the rotor about 1.5 in. and is hard to see threw the hole, I usually just stick a screwdriver in the hole and turn the rotor till I find the zerk. If I remember right, one side is in the 3 o'clock position and the other side is in the 9 o'clock position... ( but I am not for certian on this )

brow7392

Thanks for the responses

Just wanted to thank you guys for the responses. Found a donor truck in the local pull and save sand was able to get a new switch for 3 bucks that works great. Also, i was able to find the grease nipples in the hubs.