• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m886 brake overhaul

polcarco

I have a 1977 m886.
It is time to overhaul the brake system.
I know it was built on the W20 chassis , in the past I have had trouble getting the correct parts.
Need to know what to ask for regarding compatible models that will allow me to get the right parts.

Also need a pitman arm for my 1977 m880, but have been unable to find the correct item
Thanks

gungearz

Welcome to steel soldiers... In the forum section you will find free downloadable tm's for your vehicle. Download them and they will tell you all the information you need including part numbers. Good luck...

M725

The manual part# will in most cases cross over to a napa auto part number . When I get parts at other stores I have no problems just order for a W200 ( on data plate) 77 dodge pick-up. I been using RockAuto Parts online lately, good prices.

Amer-team

Will give same info. go to your favorite local parts store and tell them you have a 77 Dodge W200. Look at purchasing the loaded calipers for the fronts. it is cheaper than buying all the parts separately. Everything for the brakes is off the shelf. You might start your own parts number list for future as well. Just write them down in your log bood or Operators manual.

I wonder if they didn't try to sell you a 2WD pitman arm. Am not sure they are different, but the steering gear on the 2WD and 4WD is different.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep what they said.
77 W200, if they ask it's a 3500lb front axle
The radiator, hoses & water pump are "with air conditioning"

Pitman arm, original manual steering , I likely have one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks