• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M886 Dodge Ambulance

snakeyes

I see that there is no real following of these like there is for the Kaiser Jeep M 715 series trucks or the M 725 Ambulances

Last edited:

41WC18

snakeyes,
I have 3 1977 M886s.
Considering there were about 8 times more production of M715/725s (and they are Jeeps) may explain the amount of attention given.
I love mine -

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will probably look at one for my 3rd M88X series, but for right now, they don't fit my needs (parade vehicles).

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
About 6 or 7 years ago a neighbor almost literally across the street from me had one that didn't run, sat for who knows how many years and probably had a lot of issues. He was going to sell it and offered it to me first for $1000. Not sure what he got for it (probably $750). I would have gotten it had I more indoor space... I'm also not very mechanically inclined to troubleshoot the many problems I'm sure it had (even counting Technical Manuals - I can't stand the way they're written).

Last edited:

41WC18

I'm building one into a 'bugout' style backwoods runner. The low hp 318 is a good fit for just such a rig. While it will labor to do 65 down the highway, it has great grunt for backroads and pulling.

41WC18

As a heads up, snakeyes advised me via PM he has two M886s available. I really hope someone notices and gives these some consideration! I'm 1,000 miles away, else I'd be having em......

snakeyes

well running out of time seems no interest in them ,thanks for looking time to meet doctor death in a few weeks

michigandon

If I could not have found a W400, an m886 would have most certainly had been my next choice.

Almost bought one on a couple different occasions, but the stars didn’t align quite the way they should have and it didn’t happen. And that’s a good thing, because I finally found what I really wanted after a 2-3 year off and on search.

chillydog

I have an M886, and I love it! It had a bad crankshaft, and the patient compartment was gutted out when I got it. I rebuilt the engine, went over the wiring,rebuilt the brakes, and ultimately found the patient compartment interior. The rear compartment gasoline fired heater is functional. My M886 was formerly a CAP vehicle. I runs super well, is nice and warm in winter, and despite it's weight, goes down the road nicely. OEM parts are plentiful. Only thing I need, are the two upper litter assemblies. I am using Chevrolet CUCV M1010 upper litters, they are identical to the Dodge M886 uppers, just a few inches shorter. If anyone knows of a set of Dodge upper litters, I'd appreciate a heads up.
Thanks!
Chilly

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks