• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M887 goes away, comes back!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was looking at that. I'm glad they chopped a big hole in the side, if it weren't for that hole I may have bid and I really don't need it.

Blythewoodjoe

I hate to hijack the thread, yet I continue, but here's a picture of "Starsky and Hutch" on the trailer. I'm so glad Kenny didn't bid on it:grin:

I broke down and skipped the usual 6 month hiding period with my wife and took her to see it earlier. She was not impressed. I think it might be the flood lights.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Need more pics Joe. They have the coolest cab! You can stand up in there and there are overhead compartments, way cool. I'd love to have an original with all the gear in the back. On a side note, I got bored today after work. Was walking through the garage and the DA dang near tripped me. I got bent and showed it who is boss, used it to scuff up the white paint on the 887. I'm about half way done, with any luck, it will be 34052 by weeks end. Not fixing any body issues, just getting it green so it will not stick out like a beached whale.

Blythewoodjoe

Well I spent an hour this morning "removing" a few of the fire department mods. The big pile of stuff behind the truck is what came out of the back. I'm really excited about the purchase, but so far the rest of gang is not.

If it had wings I would call it "Eagle 5". I lke the little door between the cab and back. I will spray mine green as soon as I get some paint. A friend is going to power wash it this week. I love former military equipment and flat paint.

Attachments

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks mucho better. Now pull the crane in the paint booth! I hear paint sticks well to oil, LOL

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wow, that looks good, Kenny!

Is that coming to the Ga. Rally this year? We can fill it up with cookies!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Won't make it to the rally. I have to bring a 105 (or just a deuce) to transport canned motor #4 back. 1 thru 3 are already here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks