• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M888 camouflage pattern?

supermario112

Hi all,

I am new to this forum, and I hope you can help me with my problem:

Does anybody of you have any pictures or drawings that show the original camouflage pattern for the M888 telephone maintainance truck?

I am looking for the MERDC camouflage pattern, but I would also appreciate any further information on all paint schemes that were used on the M888.

Unfortunately, I do not have a real M888, but I need this information for a modeling project.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Best wishes,
Mario

supermario112

Dear Elwenil,

thank you for your quick reply. Unfortunately, both TBs do not include the M888. At least, TB 43-0209 shows the 3 color NATO pattern for M880, so I know how panit the cab, and I could guess how to paint the body, but were M888s actually painted in this scheme?

Best wishes,
Mario

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mario,
These trucks all left the factory in green.
End use determined if they had camo applied
MERDC was the pattern of the era
3 color NATO came later

The M888's are a rare bird, as I said above, never seen one camo'd. That doesn't mean they never were.

Triple C

Okay 880 guys, weigh in; I am thinking it would be fun to have a MV that is a little easier on the pocket to drive than my 5ton and I am thinking about an 880. I hear a lot on this site about the CUCV's, not so much the 880's why? I am leaning toward the 880 to get away from the diesel. I currently own two 6.5's and candidly - they are a pain. I am ready for a gasser. Now don't get me wrong, they are a long lived motor (one currently has 308,000 miles on it) but they do not start well in the winter and without the turbo (which is pretty much the 6.2) they are low power. So what do I need to know about the 880? How are parts for them? Where do they rust the worst? I don't have a line on one yet and there isn't any rush but I would like to go to some of the rally's with an MV and meet some of these folk who's posts I read and I don't think I will be taking any significant trips in the 5ton, will the 880 do it (don't seem to read much about them at gathering or such.) I have shared my ignorance, will you share your knowledge? EDIT - sorry, I didn't mean to hijack this thread, I thought I was starting a new one - mod's feel free to move or delete - Thanks.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks