• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M890 recovery, DANG FORK TRUCKS !!!!!

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Went out yesterday morning to pick up my new M890 from GSA Kansas Forestry. It was a super straight truck with 3,564 miles (actual). Must have been in war reserve still had the paperwork when it was retired from the Army to FEEP at 1,800 miles. Only minus went I inspected it last week was the color,small hole in cab for light bar, no pintle, tailgate and the military lighting system had been completely removed except for the trailer plug.
When we got out there the first thing I saw was a bent hood and grill then the bumper and R front fender! The damage to the front matched Hyd cylinder of their rough terrain fork truck. I was not happy but it was either take it or leave it. The only saving grace is that I have M880 parts truck that the only straight panels on it are the hood and grill. 1st picture is from a week ago, other are at the pick-up. Changed fluids, put in battery and went for a 30 mile shake down this morning, was very happy as it runs and drives great! Just have to prep for paint.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fenders can be had for not too much money, and the damage to the hood/grille is repairable. Could be worse, GL uses the forklifts to damage the driveline of the CUCVs so you CAN'T drive them away.

Nice new ride! I owned a M890 for a few months, it smoked like a destroyer trying to evade its own shadow, and I locked the motor up. Good times, good times.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
that sucks

looks like it would make it all the way to Canada and beyond though...................... :)
Yep I was starting the rebuild of my other 890 for the Alaska trip and realized there wasn't a straight panel on the truck and had some serious rust in a couple of places. So thought this would make a good one, 13 months left to get it ready.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks