• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M890

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I said in my 880 post I would post this one so here you go,the 1st 2 shots were in buckeye AZ
where I had it moved to till I could get it shipped here,it runs n drives but needs some work.

031.jpg 032.jpgP4090008.jpg

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My first MV (which wasn't a trailer) I bought in 2004, and it was a M890. Yours is in much better condition than mine was, though, looks like you have a good start for getting it perfect. Would make a great truck to drive to rallies with a shelter camper in the back...

Am I missing something here? I thought the M890 was the ambulance variant but that clearly is not an ambulance in the OP's pictures. :???: I only drove M890s in the Army so I don't remember what fuel economy they provided but with the same basic drivetrain in them as the other M880 series trucks, I imagine they would be similar. You'd be lucky to get 20 mpg; usually 15 is about all you can expect on the highway. That's about what my M882 gets on long hauls. At least it has been fitted with power steering.

M890 is a 2wd truck.

M886 is a 4WD ambulance, and the M893 is a 2wd ambulance.
Wiki has it wrong then as they claim the M890 was the ambulance version. The one I drove in the Army was certainly a 4-wheel drive model, so that was probably the M886.

it makes more sense for people to say the gas mileage was better in an M890 now that I know it was a 2-wheel drive unit. (I never saw or drove one however.) I expect the ride would have been softer too.

FrankUSMC

In my crash crew unit we had a M893 (2 wheel drive ambulance), it was a tactical truck, and was painted camouflage. We carried our rescue gear in it. Down side is, we ended up carrying the rescue gear our selfs, because as soon as that ambulance departed the black top, it sank. The rear step was a great anchor for stopping the truck once the rear wheels started to sink.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks