• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M901A1 TOW missile launcher

carminei

We are currently in the middle of restoring our second M901A1 TOW missile tracked vehicle "the hammerhead". Does anyone have photos of a unit that is desert tan with makings.

Thanks

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Back in 1997/8 or so, many M901's became donors to the new OSV vehicle used at the National Training Center. 2 M901 chassis' were cut down and were mated to a Bradley turret. Neat vehicles.

Those items are armored vehicle smoke grenade launchers.

combat32

At one time I was Juilet qualified (ITV, M901), drove a lot of miles in one in Germany, turret hydraulics are a nightmare and don't break the erection chains on the hammerhead! I have some pics of some green ones around here somewhere if I can find them. They did see combat once in the Gulf War with 197th INF Brigade, last active unit to have them in inventory a friend of mine was a crew member on one at that time, not sure if they ever got to fire a missle in anger. I only fired a missle once from an ITV and it was an inert warhead, and that was a TOW 1 system, what a chore they were.