• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915 dashboard switch and indicator light question

ASITool

I'm having difficulty determining the purpose of a push button and associated orange indicator light on the dash. They are located on the panel with the light and engine retarder switch. The push button is on the lower right corner of the panel and the indicator light is in the middle left. I do not find them listed in the operators manuals so I assume they are a later modification. Do any other M915a1 owners have these two on the dash? Any help with figuring out what they do is appreciated!

Attachments

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On my Allison modded M916, I have a similar light in the same area as yours that serves as a check transmission light. I'm not sure about the button, perhaps its for the electric horn... The horn button on my steering wheel is missing and they put a button on the dash instead.

Attachments

ASITool

I pushed the button and it didn't blow up!

I think the two are connected because one of the wires from the switch goes to the indicator light. I'm attempting to trace wires.

photo (2).JPG

ASITool

I don't think its related to the Ether because that button is to the lower left of the tachograph. The blue wires on this switch look like they were added later with butt connectors. One side appears to come from the circuit breakers and the other goes to what I think is an ABS box on the firewall. I can't figure out why the ABS system would need a light attached to the switch and how a momentary switch would be related to the brake system.

photo (3).jpgphoto.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just guessing, maybe the light is a warning light like what you see on ABS equipped semitrailers. Maybe the pushbutton switch is a reset? I bet if you do some research using the Bendix P/N you will figure it out.

For sure having air conditioning envy.

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen one truck that had an ABS label above the light, but the button in question was not labeled. This was on a rebuilt M915A1.

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm having difficulty determining the purpose of a push button and associated orange indicator light on the dash. They are located on the panel with the light and engine retarder switch. The push button is on the lower right corner of the panel and the indicator light is in the middle left. I do not find them listed in the operators manuals so I assume they are a later modification. Do any other M915a1 owners have these two on the dash? Any help with figuring out what they do is appreciated!
Is this ABS light supposed to be on all the time to indicate it is working?
Ok, This light comes on when you start the truck. Then when you get to moving the light goes out to show that the ABS is working. I had to drive it a few hundred miles after sitting quite a while for it to work right. I still do not know what the shiny push button is for that is wired to this light.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks