• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915/M916/M920 Door Lock Cylinder

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a broken door lock cylinder on my M916 and I am looking for a replacement. A local locksmith said it was not a part he could get. He suggested I try Briggs and Stratton, but they don't make locks any longer.

The -24P TM gives a part number of "M-A184-20006" and a manufacturer or AM General. Ideally I'd like a new cylinder that I can drop my tumblers into - but I will entertain all possibilities.

Does anybody know where else to look or where to find information about hard to find lock cylinders?

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Getting parts from AM General is a non-starter......I tried to talk to them years ago and they consider the MV collector community to be a bastard step-child.

My understanding is that the cab uses many of the same parts as the International Paystar.

Try you local Cornbinder dealer or Fleetpride.

Danl

Danl M915A1

My inclosed covered trailers like the Remic v nose in my foto ablum has the same kind of locks on the pass door, So i say try a trailer dealer or a rv dealer. I'm going to the Bone yard tomarrow I'll see if he has a door with a lock

goldneagle

That looks like the cylinders used on truck tool boxes in the civi world. Try a trailer dealer. Take the part with you.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the replies, guys. I'll try some of those dealers.

Danl, please let me know if you do find any.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Bump it back.

Updated part number

5731974 is the AM General # found on ebay.

50184-14, 608491 and 605646-3 Briggs and Stratton

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks