• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915 Series Red Dot Kit

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi,
Does anyone have any experience with the purpose built Red Dot kits for the M939 series? The kit I am told that is for this truck is NSN 4120-01-534-8699, PN RD-2-4530-0P. Any pictures of installs? I have a friend who just purchased an AM General M916 with the Allison and would like to modify the kit for his truck if he can find one.

Thanks

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've installed a M939 series A/C kit and it's different from a M915 kit which I've also had on a truck. They're different beasts and he'd probably be better off with a 2 man HMMWV A/C kit due to cost and shape of the blower unit. The kits were designed with the ROPS trucks in mind so that dictated the shape of the blower to fit under the center console perfectly. They're kind of clunky otherwise and not friendly to mount unless you install it on the floor which I've found gets dirty really quick.

CastleBravo had a M915A1 kit but it has been sold for a while now. Maybe someone else will chime in with one?

The instructions on the M939 kit install were patchy at best and the manual, if you could call it that, skipped a few crucial steps. I've attached the scans I saved of my install. Hope they help.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks