• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915A1 A/C installation

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, got the control panel installed. I cut out where the wiper and washer controls and lights go- they are getting upgraded to electric so the switches will be moved to the light control panel.

And I think I have my condenser unit placement figured out. fat lady sings

The light for the control panel is red, and LED, and will work on 12v. Hopefully it won't burn out at that voltage. I've wired it into the dash lights.

Attachments

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice job Adam. You'll have that installed just in time for the summer driving season! :mrgreen:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drove the truck into work today, so I can change the oil, change the transmission filter and fill with Dextron, and work on the A/C. I forgot my camera though... So I will have to use my phone, the pictures won't be as good. Stand by for more updates. :cool:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now I wish I was going this weekend to break it in. Maybe in two weeks when we head up north. While you are in there, are you gonna fix the switch issue with headlights?:jumpin:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Headlights are now wired through a relay, which is 12v controlled but will be convered to 24v load, when I get my LED headlights installed. [thumbzup]

Oil and transmission oil is all drained, going out to drop the tranny pan and change that gasket and filter, and refill with Dextron. Haven't gotten any work done on the A/C install yet today, been called to do other things this morning. Figures I bring the truck in, then get busy WORKING on my job...:x

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks