• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915A1 Detroit Lockers?

Autocar

I was looking at the door panel tags on my 1984 M915A1 and found two warning tags about use of Detroit Lockers. Does this mean that my truck has lockers in it? If so, was this standard or did I just get lucky?

Autocar

I pulled up the manual and it doesn't say anything about lockers, but when you pull up the parts breakdown, it shows a "no-spin" differential that looks like a locker. I guess this means that all M915A1s had lockers in both axles.

Monkeyboyarmy

They are supposed to have a locker in the forward rear. The 916's-920's had lockers in both axles. NDT...you could hve a broken axle shaft in the forward rear.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are supposed to have a locker in the forward rear. The 916's-920's had lockers in both axles. NDT...you could hve a broken axle shaft in the forward rear.
Both rear axles will spin one side (on grass). I can't get mine to do any smoky burnouts on pavement. It's all go when 400 horses gets unleashed.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you have a defective truck. You need to take those axles out imediately and I will replace them with the correct ones. :jumpin:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jack up rear spin tires. Same direction lockers different direction open diff. Find mud on a slant hill lockers both will spin open diff the upper side kick out down hill side will do nothing. Your stuck.

Last edited:

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure if this is the same picture you're trying to show or not, but this says that the M915 has 1 locker and that the others 916-920 have 2 lockers.

I have yet to determine what my M916 has yet.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks