• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915A1...finally

R Racing

I have both detailed pictures of the battery layout and I can give you a diagram. It actually was the same on my M813 as well . It looks like you may be missing a few jumpers that go between the batteries. Its hard to tell from the pic's PM me your E mail and I'll forward you the pictures.

Jim

fasttruck

Attached picture shows battery hook-up for m 915. Pics from GL suggest at least some of the battery to wire attachments are missing. They come in positive and negative varieties which are different. If starter is missing are the 3ea bolts that attach it to the bell housing with the truck ? Starter is 24 v and hopefully they have another truck there so you can figure out how to hook it up. Or find out if the NG guys there will ley you crib off a -20 manual with the electric diagram if they have not previously thrown out all the pubs. It is my recollection that the breakout from 24 v to 12v starts at the starter and continues at the relays under the dash.

Attachments

Bighurt

Think about getting a -10 manual and review the diagram on how to hook to 4ea batteries up as it is not the same as a 809 truck. When I got mine and trailered it home had to put 5 gallons of gear oil in the rears and 2
gallons of dexeron in the trans before turning the key on. All 915s come keyed alike so if you know somebody with one you can get a key.
Good tip.

I have the -10 and already reviewed the wiring. I was looking for the -34p to get part numbers.

Avalanche

I got my M915A1 home from Nellis last week and have been working on a few odds and ends to get her in top shape. It needed a jump start but other than that I drove 500 miles back without any problems. Lucky I guess. I got a key with mine and if they are all the same I'd be happy to make a copy for you. I need to get a couple extra anyway. Shoot me a PM if you need one.

eldgenb

Ah throw caution into the wind, I bought my m920 in Louisiana and drove it like I stole it all the way back to spokane wa, over 2500 miles in three days. Passed every weigh station and cops waived as they passed me. And no I am not licensed to drive a tractor. I did have insurance but the rest is a calculated risk. Some people are too cautious. Have a great trip, I know I did!!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good score! I missed out on the one in GA, there was a wreck right in front of me on base and I had to hang around as a witness. It went for almost what AMGeneral wants for his, so it would have been a wash anyway, except it had the 16speed so it would have flown down the road!

fasttruck

Missing turn signals and tail lights are stock Signal Stat items which plug into harnesses on the chassis which you will cut and hack at your own peril. Try to get the right lights that plug in. Terminal block forf front lights on each side is in the cavity behind the missing headlighgts. I cannot tell from the auction pics if there is anything other than the bulbs missing i.e. the door and lantern for each light. Headlight bulbs are regular parts store items.

Bighurt

Go figure had to find out my Drivers license had expired....during the EUC process no less...

Off to the DMV for me...you would have thunk they'd have sent a letter...

I also called the site, unmanned the lady who runs doesn't know a thing, her words not mine. She has and assistant that is supposed to call me back on Monday, hopefully he can help me out. She did say there is a truck on the lot that only needs about $500 worth of parts and it'll be like new. Didn't know which it was, crossing fingers it's this one. She also said the Cullman site is next to the Gaurd base so the trucks on the lot are rolled over from the repair line. That's why it's missing parts "hanger queen". Made me worried but she said once its turned in nobody touches these truck on their lot...

Hoping for the best.

Last edited:

fasttruck

Found detail pics of some of the lights. The front turn signal i believe is a signal stat 4820 which serves as both the turn signal and gthe front parking light. Same attached to fender with two studs and has a plug on the bottom for the wiring harness in the fender. Rear lights have stop, turn and back up function. Plugs into harness on chassis and a NAPA license plate bracket bolts right in behind it for the license plate which is then lite by a lense in the bottom of the tail light. detail of front shows headlight lantern out. if this is missing any commercial truck with two headlights in the junk yard might may yeild the parts. This is not the same as the 24 v lantern found in a tactical vehicle.

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats bighurt that is a fine looking truck and I am sure it will treat you as well as you treat it, you have a fine example to start off with!
KK

Bighurt

Found detail pics of some of the lights. The front turn signal i believe is a signal stat 4820 which serves as both the turn signal and gthe front parking light. Same attached to fender with two studs and has a plug on the bottom for the wiring harness in the fender. Rear lights have stop, turn and back up function. Plugs into harness on chassis and a NAPA license plate bracket bolts right in behind it for the license plate which is then lite by a lense in the bottom of the tail light. detail of front shows headlight lantern out. if this is missing any commercial truck with two headlights in the junk yard might may yeild the parts. This is not the same as the 24 v lantern found in a tactical vehicle.
Hey thanks for the help. Did you have the NAPA part numbers? I looked online and can't find their listing for Signal Stat lights.

Karl thanks for the comment, good to hear from a fellow North Dakotian.

Got my Drivers License scanned in and sent over yesterday, turns out the DMV whole computer system crashed and nobody got letters for expired license or tag renewal. Apparently it was in the paper and the news but I don't read the paper or watch the news....

I just picked up my M915A1 in Topeka Ks, ten days ago. There was 7" of snow when I arrived. The 6TL batteries were shot so a quick trip to the Interstate Battery distrib. for new batteries and
the truck fired right up (wind chill factor was about 10 below so I froze my a** while changing the batts). After filling the tank I drove her straight home 760 miles no problems,
( other than my father being pulled over twice for following that "Military truck to close" as the officers said) . My truck is my avitar photo. Now I just want/need one in the sand color!

Here is some pics of my M915A1 recovery. P.S. I would try to gather the parts you need
A.S.A.P. as far as your EUC is concerned. When I won my M915A1 it was my first EUC submission, so I thought I have atleast 2 months +/- to wait for the clearance. EUC was
submitted to Battle Creek 10/4 and I was cleared on 10/21! What a surprise! Sometimes you don't have plenty of time to wait. Hopefully the GL reps you deal with are as great as the ones I've delt with( as far as getting in to pick-up your truck/prepping it for the trip home).

Attachments

Bighurt

Here is some pics of my M915A1 recovery. P.S. I would try to gather the parts you need
A.S.A.P. as far as your EUC is concerned. When I won my M915A1 it was my first EUC submission, so I thought I have atleast 2 months +/- to wait for the clearance. EUC was
submitted to Battle Creek 10/4 and I was cleared on 10/21! What a surprise! Sometimes you don't have plenty of time to wait. Hopefully the GL reps you deal with are as great as the ones I've delt with( as far as getting in to pick-up your truck/prepping it for the trip home).
Yeah I have a feeling mine will go quick do to my already on record multiple singe scope background checks...LOL

I'm gathering parts but it's tough figuring out what I need in the pics.

I have teh part number for the fron turn signals/marker lights. I still need to figure out headlamps and tail lights. I also found a parts truck I can get some of the stuff off. But I'm waiting till I know everything that's missing for that order.

Thanks

Yeah I have a feeling mine will go quick do to my already on record multiple singe scope background checks...LOL

I'm gathering parts but it's tough figuring out what I need in the pics.

I have teh part number for the fron turn signals/marker lights. I still need to figure out headlamps and tail lights. I also found a parts truck I can get some of the stuff off. But I'm waiting till I know everything that's missing for that order.

Thanks
Yeah, its a guessing game, having to judge from the pics whats there and whats not. Thankfully my M915A1 had 20 or so pics posted in the GL auction
so it wasn't so hard to tell. And not being able to inspect before hand due to the distance to the truck makes it rough. Its the chance we take. If you haven't found a key I have an extra copy, let me know and I mail one to you.
Good Luck I hope every thing works out for you! I know I wanted a M915A1 so bad I could taste it, once this addiction gets in the blood - well you know.[thumbzup]rofl