• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915A1 gets new eyes!

martinwcox

M915A1 LED_1.jpgM915A1 LED_2.jpg

The stock headlights were terrible, replaced with Truck-Lite Phase 7's. These work great as the truck is mostly 12V these are readily available.

Now I can see at night.

Martin.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That mod is next on my list as well. The stock bulbs are as useful as sooty lanterns in the fog. Is ebay the best place to buy these?

I thought they were the LED'S,but wanted to ask for sure. This is also an upgrade I plan on doing with my M915's . Ive already switched to led bulbs in the rest of the truck, and its quite noticeable difference on the volt meter. I'm sure they probably help the situation on the finicky headlight switch in some of these trucks.

martinwcox

I did the swap with that in mind as well given the story's on SS of the melted switch!

I also replaced the rear brake / turns with KC Highlights LED's, standard Jeep etc part, makes a big difference.

I have the front indicators to swap out, have a pair of LED's meant for a Peterbilt but are an exact fit.

That will leave the cab clearance lights, not sure I am bothered to swap those out yet, may well when the truck gets painted later in the year.

Cheers,

Martin.

I thought they were the LED'S,but wanted to ask for sure. This is also an upgrade I plan on doing with my M915's . Ive already switched to led bulbs in the rest of the truck, and its quite noticeable difference on the volt meter. I'm sure they probably help the situation on the finicky headlight switch in some of these trucks.

Last edited:

martinwcox

eBay and they are not cheap, BIN was $177 ea with free shipping, that's about the cheapest I have seen them. Just figured I would do it right and then I am done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks