• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915A1 Ready for the "Oilpatch"!!!!!!!!

simoncrk

Well Guys
I got 1 of em ready. Heres what I do with the M915A1's I USED TO BUY off of GL. Paint em, install an A/C, put a vacuum pump on em, hook em up to a vacuum trailer and take off. Im the guy that "GL said my Dads account and mine were duplicate accounts". I sent them these pics also, to show that I have my own agenda with what I buy off of GL, and they still wouldn't listen. Anyhow.........
I know some MV guys hate for this to happen to a military truck, but you can't just let em sit at the house. They make pretty good trucks for rough country. Top speed is 57 MPH with a load (130 BBLs or 5460 gal) of 8# water. Thats just right especially if your workin by the hour. LOL
Does anybody else do this kinda thing???????
Post some pictures if you do.

Attachments

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
- Im a guy that has to have his MV's the way they were when new and/or in the Military.

But you have done a amazing job on the M915. It looks like a brand new civiy tractor right outta the 1980's paint and all. You really have somting nice on your hands. -

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I plan to get a WVO hauling operation off the ground, and save my pennies to buy a m915 or m916 to do the hauling- I'll use my m818 for the first few months.

Good looking truck and if I get one I will be doing the A/C install as well!

simoncrk

I agree...beautiful job! You should go into business restoring trucks!
Thanks
But the credit should go to the fab shop that mounted the pump, a/c etc.
They're a local oilfield fabrication company, called Jett Services. And they do excellent work. I wish I had the time, patience, and equipment to do stuff like this.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm impressed! When did you get your first M915A1? I have just known complete ones to be be released within the last few years?

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice to see the green iron soldering on...even if it is not green anymore. Its the heart and soul that are still OD. It's looks really good wearing your company colors..."100% Proud American"[thumbzup]. It wins the Seal of Approval (see pic).

Better to toil away in an American oil field than to be melted down in a Chinese blast furnace.

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like them green but that is one good looking truck. I'd be proud to drive out to dinner somewhere wearing a tuxedo in it.

sw

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks