• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915A1 replaced the Tachograph

martinwcox

When I acquired my M915A1 I was told the odometer was only recording at a rate of about 1 mile for every 4. Well a few weeks ago it gave up completely. Looking around there were no direct replacements to be had so I opted for a M911 C-HET version.

Only mod I had to do was replace the 24v bulbs with 12 V LED equivalents. I had assumed I would also need to feed the clock supply with 24v but it seems to be working fine with only 12V.

Outside of having the pretty colored dial which as the wrong limits for both Revs and MPH all seems fine.

M915A1_Tach.jpg

Only cost me $80 and I got a set of keys and spare charts!

Now at least I can have miles driven which I use as a sanity check against the fuel gauge to make sure I never run out of fuel.

Cheers,

Martin.

I just can't decide if I really like the pretty colors on that tachograph not being 'correct'. I have thought about making a panel and just installing regular military tach/speedo.

Last edited:
To bring this back up, I found a few new tachs on a trusty auction site. I have yet to install one in my truck, but they are direct factory replacements with cables and such. If anyone else needs one PM me, should fit all m915-m920 trucks, I won 3, but obviously only need one. ($200 shipped each)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks