• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915A1 Tractor/Truck Air Question - Add Fitting for Pressurizing System Before Start

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now I thought it would be easy to find an answer using the Internet but I was mistaken.

It's simple, where is the best place to add a quick disconnect hose fitting (with valve) to the air system that I can use to pressurize the truck before start?

I do not want to screw it up or introduce an issue into the braking system.

I can use gladhands AFTER it is running for air.

Reason: I try to keep the truck inside and it bleeds down eventually and if I start the truck inside to air it up eventually the CO will be too much. Even as big as my barn is and with two 20 foot doors open it is a little much in there.

thanks in advance

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Now I thought it would be easy to find an answer using the Internet but I was mistaken.

It's simple, where is the best place to add a quick disconnect hose fitting (with valve) to the air system that I can use to pressurize the truck before start?

I do not want to screw it up or introduce an issue into the braking system.

I can use gladhands AFTER it is running for air.

Reason: I try to keep the truck inside and it bleeds down eventually and if I start the truck inside to air it up eventually the CO will be too much. Even as big as my barn is and with two 20 foot doors open it is a little much in there.

thanks in advance
Well... If you charge the air system with the front gladhand connection, you won't need any "extra parts". The only thing to consider is that your air compressor might introduce water into the air system...

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not just put a air line quick connect in a air tank like you would hook up a airline from your shop hose to air up a tire ! use the female brass quick con in the tank and then put 2 male ends on a short hose to hook shop or other truck can air up the empty truck and now you have a hook up to run a air impact from your truck in the future !

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only thing I found remotely resembling what I want said to connect at air dryer and not use a tank. I do have plugs that could be removed in the tank but screwing with the dryer makes me nervous.

Now go back to drinking your bourbon and smoking fancy cigars. Next answer.

;-)

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only thing I found remotely resembling what I want said to connect at air dryer and not use a tank. I do have plugs that could be removed in the tank but screwing with the dryer makes me nervous.

Now go back to drinking your bourbon and smoking fancy cigars. Next answer.

;-)
Im just doin it for you ! Im saving your lungs liver and wallet ! Use the air tank plug hole and have a useful quick connect !

Guyfang

Staff member
Well... If you charge the air system with the front gladhand connection, you won't need any "extra parts". The only thing to consider is that your air compressor might introduce water into the air system...

This is the way we always did it, and never had a problem. The Germans at the POMCOS site, (Prepositioned Equipment Sites) had a small compressor mounted on a tiny trailer, and a step and fetch it to pull it along. He could do a climate controlled building full of several hundred vehicles in a day.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll add that to the list of things to work on/fix, new vlalves and gladhands on the front to air it up that way.

I already have the gladhand hoses setup for airing tires with inflator and truck to truck hoses as well.

Thanks to everyone. I'm sure there will be more posts for this truck than I every posted for the Deuces or 813.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M915A1 has a quick connect air fitting on the tank behind the driver side step that goes up to the walking plate. I put together two male air fittings so I can connect two air hoses to supply air to the truck.
Is that the wet tank?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M915A1 has a quick connect air fitting on the tank behind the driver side step that goes up to the walking plate. I put together two male air fittings so I can connect two air hoses to supply air to the truck.
Ray, Could you send me a pic of it? I see everything in the manual but not sure where you put it.

thx

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll add that to the list of things to work on/fix, new vlalves and gladhands on the front to air it up that way.

I already have the gladhand hoses setup for airing tires with inflator and truck to truck hoses as well.

Thanks to everyone. I'm sure there will be more posts for this truck than I every posted for the Deuces or 813.
We like pictures ! post more pics for us to sit around armchair quarterback what you need to do next ! You need more guidance !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks