• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915a4r2

BVFD202

My vfd has a M915a4r2 that we use as a tractor for a 5000 gal water tank. We are experiencing an issue. The truck leaks anti freeze from what appears to be a tube coming out of the neck of the radiator. Now, that being said most vehicles have a coolant bottle that this would attatch to. So I guess what am asking is. Is their suppose to be a bottle that hooks to it to catch the anti freeze and return it to the system or is something wrong with our truck. Sorry if this isnt the right place for this post I am new here and couldnt find anywhere else. Also what does the R2 mean on the truck number???

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome and yes, the forum was correct. Now if we can get one of the experts to answer your question. ;-)

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't seem to find if it is supposed to have an overflow tank or not, but I don't think it does. All of the other trucks with the Cummins NTC400 engine do not have an overflow tank, so maybe this one does not either. The M915A4 and A4R2 started life as a M915A1 and retained the NTC400 engine and rear axles. The A4 and A4R2 are "glider kits."

The R2 seems to be an improved version of the 915A4, with a 5 speed transmision, power mirrors, military tail lights, daytime running lights, and a higher GVWR. All these things are outlined in the TM-9-2320-303-10 manual.

Fireball1

According to the TM I looked at it only has a header tank above the radiator with a hose off of the neck the pressure cap goes in. Found in Tm9-2320-303-24P.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks