• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M916 5th wheel and frame mods

Bolkbich

I finally found a nice M916. I want to use it to pull a dump trailer and a lowboy. The 5th wheel height was too high, so i got a 2.5 " kingpin 7" overall height sliding setup. I removed the roller and made some ramps. The hydraulics on the truck will run my trailers so I had a wetline valve and quick connects installed to the aux hyd ports. It all works fine but you have to rev the engine above 1100 rpm to completely engage the clutch or converter (whatever is in there) but the cummins pt pump on these trucks doesnt hold a specific rpm so as the load lightens the rpms keep rising until it hits the govenor.... so you've got to be quick when operating the lowboy.$(KGrHqN,!ikFE!HTPI4rBRBZioL+n!~~60_3.jpgIMG_20130502_101056.jpgIMG_20130502_101111.jpgIMG_20130502_190347.jpgIMG_20130506_170416.jpg I like the 7155 cat ,its different from anything i've driven , but i picked it right up. RR racing told me to install the regulator/oiler/filter, what a difference..pricey but worth the difference for sure...shifts much nicer... RR thanks very much for the advice.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
get a pump off a 816, it has a aux. gov. that will hold the rpm, may have to REset the pump for the 400, it should be a bolt on install with no mods needed

Bolkbich

get a pump off a 816, it has a aux. gov. that will hold the rpm, may have to REset the pump for the 400, it should be a bolt on install with no mods needed
Ive already got my eye on a pump with the aux govenor but for now I'm putting a throttle under the platform so its right next to the controls for the lowboy.

Bolkbich

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Option B for this mod is to install a new Holland fifth wheel plate, p/n XA-351-A-L-P to the existing oscillating base and remove the spacer under the base.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks