• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M916 tractor to dump conversion

R Racing

I saw a like new 1 bed go cheap on another auction site a few weeks back. I never thought about marrying the both together But it seems like a nice idea. Especially with the all wheel drive !! :grd: lol

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I have a m817 dump,but need a truck with a bigger body to haul a bigger load.Also want to upgrade on power and transmission compared to the 817.

R Racing

Are you going to use the PTO that drove the hydraulic winch to drive the dump cylinder ? I have bid on several M817s , But they always seem to go for more than I can swing. I saw a guy do this to a M920 . It turned out Awesome !

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Yes I am going to use the original pto and pump.C and C equipment did build a nice dump from a 920.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I just finished painting the truck Ill take some pics tommorow when it dries.Next comes the dump body.

reb87

could you get a empty weight on just the cab and chassis? Im wanting to lighten mine up so I can haul more corn...

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
If I take the bed back off before I mount it Ill try and weigh it.What is pedal to the far left for,I havent had a chance to drive it on the road much.I still have some kinks to work out yet.It will only statr if you turn the screw in on the IP.And to shut it off you have to unscrew it.Electrical problem somewhere.Why doesnt the jake have a shut off position on yhe switch?THANKS,JOHN