• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M916 with a laid over trailer

westfolk

Here's 59 seconds of viewing for you all.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYl5_Exkltc[/media]

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad there was no more damage nor injuries
You're assuming there was not a bus load of nuns(picnicing on the side of the road), under the dump bed!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Ya got to hate that.

How did it do that on flat ground???

Inquiring minds (nosey people) want to know.

Glad there was no more damage nor injuries (other than new BVD's needed).
Easy, a bit of soft ground, load on one side, hang up on one side in the nose

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
NOOOOOOOOOO!! At least the 916 didn't go over (WHEW!!). Glad nobody got hurt.

rickf

Have you tried getting off of that pin? Not likely to happen, there is a LOT of stress on that truck right now. Do not let anyone near it if you try. Probably have to get the trailer lifted a bit to relieve the pressure on the pin. Be sure to check out the saddle bolts very well afterwards.

westfolk

Ya got to hate that.

How did it do that on flat ground???

Inquiring minds (nosey people) want to know.

Glad there was no more damage nor injuries (other than new BVD's needed).
Easy, a bit of soft ground, load on one side, hang up on one side in the nose
Yes, there are a lot of reasons it can happen. In this case I know why it happened. That is only because someone was standing behind it and saw it all.
The trailer was completely up and it had dumped most of the load. However, part of the load stuck about 3/4 ways to the front on the passenger side. As soon as the load was gone except what was stuck it started over.
I was in the cab watching in the mirror. The second I saw it start to lean I shut the engine off and grabbed the steering wheel bracing for impact. It brought the truck up in the air, but as you see it came back down. I have been on site before and watched this happen to other guys and they went over with the trailer, and I've seen tri-axles lay over. Never good, but it does happen. Hazard of the job. The key is always to be level and make sure your equipment is in good shape. Even with that it still happens sometimes. I've dumped thousands of loads over the years with both trailer and tri-axle, sometimes in less than ideal conditions and this is my first lay over. I just as soon be able to say it's never happened to me.
Since the other day when this occurred I have cut the hinge mount bolts. The frame sprung back, but of course it still twisted. Drug that back home slowly. Got to go get the body and cylinder. It didn't come out of it to bad. So I'll be putting it back on another frame and keep using it.
Yeah it cost some money, but no one was hurt. Thankfully the M916 didn't go with it. I'm thinking its weight helped on this one. I know my Pete would have probably gone with it.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks