• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M916

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, it's a urinal.

big block 88

You know i bet if someone invented some kind of a book or pdf file with every bit of info about a truck, like where things are how things work and how to diagnose known issue, they could make a lot of money.

You could call a technical manual. Maybe TM for short? Any way someone should invent such a thing.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Try READING the -10 tm (operators manual) you would be SURPRISED what interesting stuff is in the said -10, like where the brake pedal is or what that bottle is for.

I will go ahead and say it instead of "hinting" like others have , in another words RTFTM.

Last edited:

sandcobra164

Try READING the -10 tm (operators manual) you would be SURPRISED what interesting stuff is in the said -10, like where the brake pedal is or what that bottle is for.

I will go ahead and say it instead of "hinting" like others have , in another words RTFTM.
Gotta take the KGR out of your signature for that one Ron!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Darn I have been peeeeeinggg in my washer fluid bottle this whole time. Wish I would have known :)

Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Darn I have been peeeeeinggg in my washer fluid bottle this whole time. Wish I would have known :)

Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ARE you sure that is ALL your putting in the window washer fluid bottle, I have been wondering for a while WHY your windows are STREAKED. :roll:

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Want to really pull your hair out?!

Read ALL the old threads in "5 ton" and "CUCV" like I have done. Every single one.

Its absolutely amazing how many redundant threads and questions there are.
Obvious very quickly when someone has done ZERO research and just posted questions because they are too lazy to do their own homework.

Yes the SS search isn't the best.
Also there are circumstances, like a emergency roadside breakdown, that forgive a person for not searching or reading.
They need help and now. So that's appropriate.

Yea
I cringe when I read a thread that should've never been created in the first place, because the question has been answered dozens of times before.

Jayco36REQS

Want to really pull your hair out?!

Read ALL the old threads in "5 ton" and "CUCV" like I have done. Every single one.

Its absolutely amazing how many redundant threads and questions there are.
Obvious very quickly when someone has done ZERO research and just posted questions because they are too lazy to do their own homework.

Yes the SS search isn't the best.
Also there are circumstances, like a emergency roadside breakdown, that forgive a person for not searching or reading.
They need help and now. So that's appropriate.

Yea
I cringe when I read a thread that should've never been created in the first place, because the question has been answered dozens of times before.
Yes if I see a thread I've seen before... I just don't read it... move along vs wasting my time posting smart ass comments and wasting even more of our time!! Sheesh... And yes.. the search on Steel Soldiers SUCKS!! What engine is this thing using anyway? 90% of the time I search, it gives me zero help and I find it faster by scanning myself.

I have no problems answering a question from a newbie if I know the answer.... Build brotherhood... vs rejecting a newbie by being a smartass.

BenRoberts

Certified insane
You read the TM for everything guys are ridiculous. why not stop all new post since everything has been covered and make it a search only site. Sometimes its nice to have a conversation. The TM's are a pain in the *** to read anyways and dont cover what you want to know. Give the guy a break!

big block 88

Heres my view. If he has to ask what the washer bottle is then what does he know about the truck? Its not personal and text can be harsh as it has no tone or inflections. These are big to HUGE trucks (916 falls into HUGE) they will do a ton of damage and injure people quick fast and in a hurry. So when someone asks a question that should be known by the operator or owner i hate thinking about what they dont know.

i 100% agree that the read all the TM guys are insane at times i have seen perfectly legit (imo) questions be shot down and told to kick rocks and read the TM.

Now all that said something i did not consider was this could have been a young man who was just asking to know just to know and does not own the truck just really likes them and wants one some day. If that is the case i offer an apology. I was sure i looked at his join date and saw he had been here a while. Not that that means much could still just be a guy who really likes the trucks and cant own one for one reason or another and just comes here to look at the trucks. If thats the case then thats awesome.

Carry on all.