• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M916A1 tranny problem

armyguy2006

Hello i'm working on my boss's M916A1 and having problems with the tranny.I've replaced tranny air cable due to the head leaking also had to install 10 new breathers old ones missing. Now when you push the knob in to supply air to the tranny it leaks air out of the 7th breather from the front. I need help!!!!:-?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might try the air tool oil and see if that helps. I think the best way is to get oil in the main incomming air line. Should be the big yellow one. I just don't think adding oil to a air tank will make it there. Try and catch the incomming line by where it starts so you can load that puppy up. You might have to do it more than once so it hits all the valves. Good luck.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea I don't know if two much oil would hurt but you bee the judge. What I would do is put the oil in the line and I might try this. Don't let the air build to the max. but as soon as you can push in the lock out lift handel and go right to 6th gear then hit 7th then 8th. Then go back to 7th then 6th. when you think you have exhausted the oil running the order start again adding more oil and this time let the air build to max and run through all gears.
I think somewhere over 60psi the lockout will hold.
The thought here is to give more time for the oil to stay in contact so lets call it linger time to work in and do it's thing. You could even shut down the engine at maybe 90psi and work it till your out of oil or air.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks