• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M916A1 w/w

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Comparing schematics, it seems simpler than I had imagined.....
Well - schematics only show ... the system, but unfortunately, the necessary valve/port is mounted tight to the cabinet side that holds all the valves/plumbing so I think inline "T's" will be the simplest option - rather than remake the cabinet/valve location.

Can someone please advise on the type of quick connect fittings that are used.

Stilll need info on quick connects.

ReoRider

Well - schematics only show ... the system, but unfortunately, the necessary valve/port is mounted tight to the cabinet side that holds all the valves/plumbing so I think inline "T's" will be the simplest option - rather than remake the cabinet/valve location.

It really is tight inside the tower. The hoses are stiff, so be prepared to replace some of the short ones you are moving if they won't bend to fit the new alignments.

Stilll need info on quick connects.
There are lots of choices in connectors and many fleet users pick one standard to use with all their equipment. Might check with a local heavy trailer dealer for recommendations. A friend here with multiple detachable neck trailers uses 1' Gates connectors with 3/4" or 1" lines. For the collar with slide release type he uses G94 521 1616(female) and G94 511 1616 (male). For the push together type with wing nut screw he uses G95 121 1616(female) and G95 111 1616(male). The trick is to use two different types or alternate male/female to keep from mixing up the lines when you hook up.

Artisan

Zebe click HERE and look at what these guys are pushin'.

If I wanted some Quick Disco for hydraulic lines I would consider
the flushface design. They are neat and clean, there used on a lot
of Bobcat type connections because they are neat and clean.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wet line QD ports

Thanks for the suggestions - but I was trying to find out what connectors the A3 uses....

I could just use farm tractor "Pioneer" type - would make one heck of a self propelled log splitter!

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In honour of John who passed recently, I'm gonna put my latest M916A1 mod here so as to refresh all the great work he did...

A little nose jewelry - design, fab and install:

20211029_151331.jpg

I thought that 'period' appropriate type upgrades/mods would have some CNC looking features, so I manually added the triangle holes... Jury is out on final appearance.

20211029_150641.jpg 20211029_151259.jpg

Last edited:

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Features include 'O' rings to retain socket head bolt when clamp released, cable teathers to be added, will use holes at front of brackets/clamps.
Black tape 'pads' to isolate/protect paint. QUESTION to gulf veterans... should I paint towbar sand?
Zero permanent modifications to factory bumper/tow eyes, just 4 longer gr8 5/8" bolts.

Allows for hood to open. Allows for towbar hookup. Very easy for single handed stowage - one end at a time of each bar, however it doesn't help moving the damn thing around between vehicles!! That's still a 2 person deal.

I do need a pair of feet - 1.5" pins. Gimp - find any?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks