• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m916a2 air drier blowing out air ??

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I was working fine till I melted a couple air lines torching bolts off.Fixed the lines now its blowing air out of the bottom of drier...Any ideas.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If that were on my KW, I would put a new unloader valve in it. EZ swap, big snap ring pliars and a couple rags, make sure to clean out all the steps and grooves of the old grease, slime.

sandcobra164

I get all the good stuff so most people think. I had a similar issue on my truck. Let it lose pressure to 0 and then start it and build back up, exact same issue. I swapped out the governor, air drier with new stuff and still had the problem. The issue in my case turned out to be the signal line from the governor to the air drier was plugged at a connecting fitting near the transfer case. It could signal the air drier to dump one way but the pressure was trapped on the other side of the fitting which was clogged with junk. The small line going to the dump valve on the air drier will hold it open for quite a while. I got desperate to move my truck so the grass could be cut underneath it and noticed the signal line still looked very stiff. I put a wrench on it and heard "Phhsh". Ahh, problem solved and the 5 Ton has some newer parts on it.

74M35A2

There is an O ringed shuttle valve which lays sideways through the main body. This does the actual purge. It is hung open from debris. You can pull it out from a capped access port on the side of the main body. Blow it out, oil the valve, and put it back together. Not sure if it is similar to an M939 unit.