• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M917 died suddenly.

Abrant23

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, today I was driving down the road in front of the property and my 917 died. It just immediately stopped running like it ran out of fuel. (I checked, there's half tank)

So, browsing and searching the forums has led me to believe that it could be a fuel solenoid. Apparently there is a screw to override this? Anyone have pictures or suggestions on what exactly I should be looking for?

Lastly, is there another problem I should be considering?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

-Alvin

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Its a thumb screw on of the injector pump.Right were the electric fuel shut off selinoid is.Screw it in.

Abrant23

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do I have to unscrew it when I shut the truck down? I assume this is just a temporary fix till I replace the solenoid?

Bigjohn066

On Friday my M934 did the same thing. I ended up putting pressure in the tank to pressurize the fuel system. There was a hole in my fuel filter. Showed up right away.

Abrant23

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had to hook a cable to it and pull it onto the property with the tractor. We don't have cell service out there so I didn't find out about the solenoid till this evening. Hopefully she'll crank in the morning!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks