• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M917 have CTIS?

98hd

I am in the region of WI that had the bad floods, and the NG here has been helping out. So at work I get to see a bunch of M917 dump's drive by all day long (makes it hard to do work).

Once in awhile one will get stopped at the light right outside the window. I just was checking one out and noticed hoses coming from the hubs on the back duals. I can't imagine what else it would be except CTIS. Is it very common on those trucks? I've never seen one before w/ that system, and never before on a truck w/ duals. I did not notice any hoses up front. Is it just a rear only system on these trucks?

Crash_AF

The A2s had the singles and CTIS, the hoses on the rear were probably equalizers that connect the two duals together so they can be filled from one port and both match pressures. I've seen them on commercial trucks before.

Later,
Joe

tmbrwolf

They may have a Y hose on the truck, makes it so you can fill both tires at the same time and keeps both tires air pressure balanced. I have "cats eye" system on out semi tractor and trailer at work, does the same think except it has a visual indicator that lets you know when the pressure is getting low.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CRASH_AF: He is referring to the Freightliner trucks, I believe, NOT the BMY produced M939A2 series trucks.

98hd

Re: RE: M917 have CTIS?

BKubu said:
CRASH_AF: He is referring to the Freightliner trucks, I believe, NOT the BMY produced M939A2 series trucks.
Right, I am looking at the Freightliner 915 series trucks. I wish I had a camera here I would try to snap a pic.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks