• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M919 Stuck

reb87

Well after getting me through harvest and a lot of mud and snow I got the m919 stuck yesterday. Weve had a bad blizzard and the roads have been blocked since the 24th. A friend needed to get to town so I shoveled the doors open on our machinery shed and got the m919 out. It was full of corn so weighs around 65K lbs. I got it out and then tried to cross the 4 foot drift. It was going good and I was about to back up when I got high centered on the snow. I didnt think it was possible to high center 65000lbs on snow. My son and I scooped for an hour then I got out the tractor and pulled the snow away so we could scoop the snow from underneath it. Finally got it out. The 2.5 ton wouldnt even budge it.

Attachments

deuceman51

I know what you mean. I have 8 foot snow drifts all around my building which pretty much reverses my idea of putting the wrecker in the shed so it wouldn't be buried in the snow if I needed it. I need an M29 weasel !!!!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I like your arctic grille cover on the deuce!

91W350

In 1982 I was living just south of a small Kansas town, Culver. I woke up to the sound of a diesel engine screaming and a alternatively a turbo spooling down... My neighbor had managed to bury a four wheel drive articulated John Deere at the end of my driveway. He was a heart patient, I spent four hours with a wheat scoop digging away enough snow to free him. Under the pivot on the tractor it had packed so tight, I used a wood splitting maul to break up the snow. I was a happy boy when the tractor finally crumbled that center section out. I never dreamed you could bury a tractor like that, I thought surely it would worm its way out.

Glad you got yours free, snow can be some surprising stuff.

reb87

That is the XM1 Official Motor Pool Emergency Arctic Grill Cover. I have a few I could let go for the paltry price of $50 each (includes shipping).
Wait a minute, does that come with genuine baling wire? My grandpa had a million miles of about 10ft strips bailing wire that are so useful. That little arctic grill is being held on with one strip.

M1075

Ross, I think you forgot to knock on some wood last week when you told me you can't get the M919 stuck. :-D The problem with sticking a truck that big, is the work that follows. :cry: Been there, done that!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
As a native Southerner, I can't even comprehend that kind of snow.

Thanks for posting!