• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m920 and m1076

reb87

I recovered my and "M1075's" m1076 trailers from Rapid City SD yesterday. We had a Gary from JK Crane Service Inc (605-381-5491) come out to the pickup location and stack one trailer on top the other. He was excellent to work with as was Ray from GL. There was a pesky pheasant that was flying around and getting very close to me. He kept flying up and down from the trailer as I was tying every thing down. I kept forgetting he was there and it was kind of creepy and startling when he would flap right by me. He ended up pecking my leg when I had my back turned on him, I guess he thought I wasnt paying enough attention to him.. after which I gave serious thought to bringing him home for supper.....He rode on my hood for about 100yds as I was leaving and then he flew off. I knew sd was supposed to have lots of pheasants but this was crazy. I ended up seeing a lot of pheasant,turkey,deer and antelope on my trip... Trailers pulled very well, Im glad I took the m920

Attachments

area52

I think I would have had pheasant pot pie for supper!! Nice trailers. Are those 16.00's on the M920? what sort of capacity on the trailers?

reb87

Yes 16.00x20 tires, gvwr on trailers is 49500 lbs. I got a little over 6mpg going and 5mpg on the trip home. runs 65mph a little over 2200rpm, a run it 62-63 mph 2000-2100rpm...

91W350

You should have netted that bird and taken him with you... Nice photos! Nice job! Wish I could say my recovery there will be that well equipped! Glen

oldMan99

Very nice purchase!

As I understand it the 1076 is intended to hold a standard 8x8x20 container, is that correct?

If you use the 1076 and put a standard 8x8x20 container on it, how tall from the road surface is the top of the container?

If you were to tow the 1076 with a 916 or 920, how difficult would it be to back it up?

Lastly, if you don't mind me asking, what did you have to give for them?

M1075

The M1076 is designed to hold any load the LHS or PLS is capable of handling (with the exception of raw containers, they must be on a flatrack). Gross payload is 16.5 ton. That includes flatracks, engineering modules, bridges, boats, repair modules, water modules, etc.

Attachments

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I recovered my and "M1075's" m1076 trailers from Rapid City SD yesterday. We had a Gary from JK Crane Service Inc (605-381-5491) come out to the pickup location and stack one trailer on top the other. He was excellent to work with as was Ray from GL. There was a pesky pheasant that was flying around and getting very close to me. He kept flying up and down from the trailer as I was tying every thing down. I kept forgetting he was there and it was kind of creepy and startling when he would flap right by me. He ended up pecking my leg when I had my back turned on him, I guess he thought I wasnt paying enough attention to him.. after which I gave serious thought to bringing him home for supper.....He rode on my hood for about 100yds as I was leaving and then he flew off. I knew sd was supposed to have lots of pheasants but this was crazy. I ended up seeing a lot of pheasant,turkey,deer and antelope on my trip... Trailers pulled very well, Im glad I took the m920
HEY! You got a note from SD that somehow got misdirected to me. It says:

"You left me behind. You were suppose to take me home to dinner.

Signed

The Pheseant"

roflrofl

Nice score though.

oldMan99

The M1076 is designed to hold any load the LHS or PLS is capable of handling (with the exception of raw containers, they must be on a flatrack). Gross payload is 16.5 ton. That includes flatracks, engineering modules, bridges, boats, repair modules, water modules, etc.
But when pulled behind a conventional tractor (920, 916, 816) can you back it successfully back it up without mowing down everything in the county while it goes wherever it wants to rather than where you want it to go?

Here is a good link to some video showing the M1076 trailer in action.

Aviation, Defense and Space News, Jobs, Conferences by AVIATION WEEK
Man... the RV I could build with that set up..... LOL...

Last edited:

vinny-socom1

Yes 16.00x20 tires, gvwr on trailers is 49500 lbs. I got a little over 6mpg going and 5mpg on the trip home. runs 65mph a little over 2200rpm, a run it 62-63 mph 2000-2100rpm...

I was told the 16x20 tire/ wheels did not fit on a 920? what kind on rims are you running?

Vinny

reb87

on the trailer backing, if you can back a four wheel steerable trailer you can back this one. It takes some practice but I can back it if I really need to, but I usually try to make sure I can just go forward. There is a lock pin for locking the front axle so it cant turn but you have to do your part too.

I used HEMTT wheels and had to grind a little off the flange on the front brake drums to make the wheels fit, rear fits with no problems. I pull the wheels and the rear driveshaft and start the truck locked in 6x6 then use a bench grinder to grind the inboard edge of the brakedrum where it is extra thick. It dosent take much to make the wheels fit, it sure drives nice singled out...

oldMan99

With those tires and the truck sitting on pavement can you measure from the road surface to the top of the frame for me?

I want to use 16's but I think the frame height will be to tall for the box I want to put on it and still stay under 13.5'. If you tell me the measurement than I'll know for sure....

While you are at it, think I could get you to measure the height of the 5th wheel plate?